The Athenaeum’s purpose is to be a place where its members can nurture a sound mind and a sound body. Keep this tradition alive by experiencing all that the A offers:
- – Dine in the best German (and oldest) restaurant in Indianapolis, the Rathskeller
- – Enjoy the authentic Biergarten – Indy’s most popular summer gathering place
- – Play in the family and community oriented fitness facility
- – Celebrate life’s major milestones in the spacious lobby and theater
- – Learn about the city’s history by taking a docent-led tour
- – Experience a variety of cultural and community events offered throughout the year
- – Become a donor of the Athenaeum Foundation and support the structure that supports your passion!
Our Mission: The Athenaeum preserves and enhances its historic German-American landmark to advance the Sound Mind in a Sound Body values of its founders through programming that lifts spirits and engages in diverse communities.