ATHENAEUM EQUITY PLEDGE & BUILDING CODE OF CONDUCT
We at the Athenaeum, firmly believe that good ethics and good business go together naturally to produce the best results in the long term.
Our mission statement reads as follows:
The Athenaeum preserves and enhances its historic German-American landmark to advance the Sound Mind in a Sound Body values of its founders through programming that lifts spirits and engages in diverse communities.
We are committed to engaging with diverse communities & organizations, to create a vibrant safe public space and helping the community thrive.
We believe in a workplace that is one that is diverse, inclusive, equitable, compassionate, caring, and just.
As part of our core values, we have developed the following Code of conduct to treat all individuals with integrity, and to hold ourselves accountable.
This Code of Conduct (Code) is to set out the Athenaeum’s policy on the fundamental standards to be followed by all employees, tenants and building guests.
This Code is based on established law, our mission statement and our values as an organization. The Athenaeum respects the established law and demands the same of all visitors to our building.
As a guest to our building, you are subject to the Code expected of all those involved with the Athenaeum. We depend on you to follow through with this commitment as we seek to be respectful of each other and care for one another in a meaningful way.
As a guest to the Athenaeum, you are expected to:
- Obey all local laws and posted rules & regulations.
- Treat EVERYONE with respect and courtesy.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is befitting a positive member of the community.
While adhering to our code of conduct, we believe strongly you will get much out of your experience at the Athenaeum, including:
- You will be treated as an equal.
- You will be provided with a safe atmosphere to work and play.
- You will be appreciated for your contributions to all the organizations that call the Athenaeum home.
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- You will get an in depth look at how a historical and cultural attraction is run and thrives.
- You will learn more about the arts and culture in our community.
- You will make new friends and connections that will benefit you for the rest of your life.
- You will enjoy yourself.
While we appreciate the time you graciously spend at the Athenaeum, reported negative behaviors will be investigated thoroughly and, depending on frequency and severity, could result in the expulsion from with the building.